- I was born at 5.5 pounds.
- I can gain that much weight in a weekend.
- Yes, my eyes are that blue.
- I hated driving until I drove down Laurel Canyon in Los Angeles.
- I’ve only owned two cars in my life. The last one (my
first one) I had 11 years
- I don’t like the snow, because my brother pushed me into
it every winter.
- I also don’t like to swim, because he tried to push me
under too often.
- I’ve flown on airplanes so much, I can sleep sitting
- I can take a nap just about anywhere at any time, and for a
preset time without a watch.
- I’m an optimist.
- People say I’m “too nice” and that others
take advantage of me.
- Then they ask for a favor.
- Myers Briggs categorizes me as an INFP.
- Despite living with a cat for eight years, I’m still
- I’ve only owned one dog in my life, for 16 years. When
I get house, I’ll get another one for sure.
- My favorite time is 2 am. The day job makes me sleep through
- I lived in New York and grew to hate it; after Sept 11th, I
fell in love again.
- The friends I made in New York are still the closest I’ve
- I stopped wearing denim jeans and started wearing cargo pants
after I moved to LA.
- Integrity and personal responsibility are driving forces in
- I’d rather write for TV than watch it.
- I’ve dated people who have done heavy drugs, yet have
never taken any drugs myself (including pot).
- I started drinking alcohol at the age of 8, and stopped by
15. It was boring.
- I’m not an alcoholic, despite what that looks like.
- I’m still a chocoholic, and not recovering well.
- And a carbaholic, and doing the best I can.
- My favorite food is Filipino, though I’d eat just about
anything (I love sushi too).
- I will gain three pounds over night if I eat a slice of bread.
- I’m not convinced that humans are the smartest animals
on the planet.
- I still give people the benefit of the doubt.
- I used to get up early on Saturday… not to watch cartoons,
but to draw them off the TV.
- In eighth grade, my IQ was 145. I’m not sure it’s
gone up or down since then.
- I found that that graduating fifth in your high school class
only gets you a gift certificate from the local supermarket.
- I’ve changed to sleeping on my side, doctor’s orders…
it wasn’t easy to do.
- The only plant I wasn’t able to grow was a fern; all
other plants seem to bloom like crazy around me.
- I see numbers and letters as colors (34 is green and yellow).
- Green and Red. (So I always think of Christmas when I see 35)
- I can write backwards and upside down.
- I can remember phone numbers from my childhood, yet forget
- I have trouble recognizing faces, even familiar ones, in a
- I can’t wear watches. They tend to stop working.
- All my leftovers eventually become a soup.
- There’s always something going on inside my head, but
it might not be all me.
- In grade school, they used to call me “Rat’s Nest”
because of my frizzy hair.
- I went to a vocational school in another county to get away
- The kids in that school called me “Mork from Ork.”
- I always cut my hair several weeks too late; which doesn’t
help my cause.
- I grew up with a live in maid. Several times a week I miss
- I’m known as a funny guy, but I don’t laugh out
- I fall in love quickly, and out of love slowly.
- The loves of my life are loving the loves of their lives somewhere
- I trust people perhaps more than I should.
- I give excellent massages, ever since I was a kid.
- I’m also a good cook; even though I make it up as I go
- I don’t lie well.
- I blush too easily.
- I’ve lived in a haunted house.
- I don’t just believe in Life After Death, I believe in
Life Before Birth.
- I am pro-choice, in everything; only because I don’t
believe it’s my place to judge you.
- I’m more Liberal than Conservative, more Democrat than
Republican; but I could be more Wrong than Right.
- I believe that voting is more than a Right, it’s a Privilege…
and I take it very seriously.
- I don’t like judgmental people, especially when it’s
- Books I’ve read all the way through: “The Coming
of Seth,” “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,”
“Close Encounters,” “Flowers in the Attic.”
I seem to only read parts of every other book I own.
- Movies that got me liking foreign films “My Life as a
Dog,” “My Beautiful Launderette” and “Like
Water for Chocolate.”
- Movies I can watch over and over: “Galaxy Quest”
- A movie I’ve seen too many times: “Animal House”
(but only cause I used to work as an usher in a theater when it
first came out).
- I love mind warping movies, like the “Matrix” and
(the original and little known) “Lathe of Heaven”
because it challenges conventions of what we think is “real.”
- I have a knack for picking up song lyrics, but can’t
carry its tune so well.
- “Le Miserable” is my favorite musical, followed
by “Mamma Mia.”
- I liked the original “Cats” when I saw it in London.
I’m glad it’s gone now.
- I think my favorite place to go in the world would be the Far
East, but I’ve never been there.
- If computers didn’t exist, I’d be off writing on
some paper right about now; I’m not sure where you’d
- I do read the manuals.
- I really don’t take sides on the PC vs Mac debate.
- I don’t believe there’s such a thing as a “five
minute easy installation.”
- I discovered that water is bad for laptops.
- I lived through the whole internet excitement, but didn’t
invest in Ebay when I should have.
- I’ve been compared to “Goofy”, “Grover”,
“Fozzie” and “Ernie.” Sometimes all at
once. I don’t know what they mean by that exactly.
- I have too many email addresses.
- I’m horrible at returning phone calls; I’m trying
to improve that.
- I don’t like to be late.
- I somehow manage to spend over a hundred dollars at Walmart
and Trader Joes consistently and only walk out with two bags.
- If it weren’t for procrastination, all my “little
things” would never get done.
- “Boxer Briefs” … not Boxers or Briefs.
- Folder, not Crinkler.
- Double Plastic, instead of Paper (I carry my snacks to work
- Roll over the top, not the bottom.
- I think I still have a bottle of my favorite cologne, Wind
Drift, under the sink since college. I wonder if it’s any
- I find typos everywhere I go; even in fancy restaurant’s
menus or something flashing past me for a view seconds. I’m
told it’s because I recognize patterns.
- I know the difference between “your” and “you’re,”
as well as “there,” “their” and “they’re.”
- I’ve had my credit cards stolen twice and my identity
stolen once… but I still know who I am.
- Although I’m starting to see my father in the mirror.
- I go to the gym five times a week; sometimes more.
- I skip days, and it turns into weeks… and then my pants
- One of the greatest joys is when a child smiles at you.
- Or an animal falls asleep on your lap.
- I believe that there’s more to Life than To Do Lists;
but they help.
- I’m not where I thought I’d be by now, but maybe
that’s a good thing.
- I don’t like unfinished business, but I love irony.